Best Tricks For Self Motivation
Where there’s no will, there’s no way. One of the best ways to improve your personal effectiveness is to master your motivation and find your drive. If you can master motivation, you can deal with life’s setbacks, as well as inspire yourself to always find a way forward, and create new experiences for yourself, and follow your growth. In this post, I’ll demystify motivation and give you the motivation tools that really work.
1. Accomplish small tasks before handling big ones: Accomplishing small tasks make us confident enough to tackle bigger ones. This trick will help you in getting acquainted with upcoming challenges, avoiding stress related to anticipation of unknown.
2. Write goals in the present tense: We mostly prefer to pen down our thoughts after a tiring day at work. While penning down our thoughts we are constantly living in past. Sure it might make us a little relieved but it doesn’t help in motivating us to achieve our goals. So try to change what you write and the way you write. Write your goals instead of your thoughts. Write them in present tense instead of future tense. Be specific while writing and do it every night before you sleep. Example: Instead of writing “I want to lose weight.”, write “I weigh (preferred number kg/lbs). My body is fit, strong and healthy.” or instead of “My dream is to get admission in XYZ college”, write “I am studying in XYZ college”. While doing this, you are programming your brain to accept this fact. This way, you will be more motivated psychologically to achieve your goals.
3. Visualize: It is one of the most important tricks that can help you out. Add this exercise to point 2 and the motivation level be heightened. Visualize what you want to achieve. Visualize as if you have achieved it right now. Live in that moment. Some can call it daydreaming, but you need to feel it while visualizing, which makes it different from daydreaming. This trick works best with point 2.
4. Self-talk: No person can motivate you, only you can do that to yourself. Self-talk is the best way to stay motivated. If ever you feel low or confused, talk to yourself, ask yourself questions and you will find the answers are within you. Remind yourself every day your goals. It will keep you motivated.
5. Be creative in approach: Try to add some fun and creative activities while working towards your goal. Think out of the box for ways to do a certain mundane task. It will keep you interested and motivated towards your aim.
6. Reward yourself: This approach is one of the scientifically proven ways to keep motivation level high. Whenever you achieve smaller goals, reward yourself with a favorite dish, a pampered day for yourself or indulge in your favorite hobby. Keep the biggest reward for the final goal.
7. Be surrounded by the things that remind you of your purpose: Watch motivational videos/movies, listen to motivational ted talks/podcasts, read inspiring books and interviews, talk to people who have achieved their goals or who inspire you to be your best version. In short, surround yourself things that remind you of your goal and keep you motivated.
8. Food: Certain foods help in stimulating focus, motivation, and energy. If you include these food items in your diet, you surely can see visible changes in energy level, which will help in maintaining motivation level in you. Dark chocolate, green tea, flax seeds, spinach, blueberries, nuts, banana, whole-grain food are few to name it.
9. Music: Music has the ability to influence your mood to a huge extent. Make sure that you are listening to right kind of music which is helping in elevating your emotions related to motivation. Sometimes right words, right tunes, right blend of instruments can do wonders.
10. Exercise: When you work out, your body releases hormones like dopamine, endorphin, serotonin which helps in improving your mood, focus, happiness, motivation level and much more. Whether you play an outdoor sport, do yoga, aerobics, dance or go for a run; all these physical activities make you more motivated and ready to achieve your goals.
Try out the motivation techniques to see what works for you. At the end of the day, all motivation really comes down to self-motivation, and you get better at motivation by building your self-awareness.
Thanks for reading. You can share this article and leave your comments or idea for the next article that you want to read.